Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weekly Wednesday Video

Today's blog is about a photo shoot I've been wanting to do for the past 5 years. I'm in the business of empowerment and I feel like going outside my comfort zone is what I'm all about. There is growth in doing things that your afraid of because it puts you in a vulnerable state. Once you start growing, you feel empowered and you have to be vulnerable to get there.

You may not believe it, but I was very nervous. I was afraid people would judge me, that I wouldn't look good, or if I would send the right message. Then on the other hand, I thought about the amazing creativity I would be able to have and that I would be able to take my business and my brand to the next level. I would be able to show people what I'm all about.

The coolest thing about the photo shoot is that it was so professional! There was a lot of prep work that went into the shoot including tons of inspirational photos that we had been collecting for months ahead of time. There were a number of different outfit changes for myself and for the other model. It wasn't just throwing on a teeshirt and a bracelet, it was really analyzing the trends, styles, and accessories of each outfit perfectly. 

I've always been the hairstylist working at photo shoots, where it's been so fun, inspirational, creative, outside the box, high energy, but I've never had a chance to be a model in a shoot like this. So I wanted to be able to empathize with my clients for photo shoots or big days, like their weddings. Doing this allowed me to put myself in their shoes.

This was a great experience for everyone involved. I felt good and I felt proud. I did something completely outside of my comfort zone and on top of that I decided to share it with you! I knew I was going to get mixed feedback, but that was the risk I was willing to take.

My business is more than just hair and makeup. There is so much more that I haven't even disclosed yet. Building my brand will allow me to take on so much more and when I'm able to take on more, I'm able to give more back. And that's what my business is all about - Giving Back!


-Gina <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment