Wednesday, June 19, 2013

3 Year Glamhairus Anniversary!!!

I think I just figured it out, where I want my business to go...
I want my assistant to be working for me full time, around 50 hours a week, and have her, Vinnie, and me running around like a crazy people. Haha!

But in all seriousness, today I finally started to understand how my clients feel when they come to my place. This journey had been a whirlwind and I've loved every second. I almost feel like this is the calm before the storm. Like right before a tsunami when the water retracts itself back into the ocean. Everything is extremely calm and then bam! This is exactly where I feel my business is.

I had a dream, to open my own company one day. This dream started when I first started learning about the laws of attraction... I knew what I wanted and I simply needed to focus, work hard, and envision it all coming true. I wasn't satisfied with the company I was with, I wanted more and I wasn't getting it. One day I decided enough is enough and it’s time for me to follow my dream and leave. So when it all went down I was like holy crap my dreams have come true, I could barely rap mind around this realization!

And Glamhairus was born!!

Surprisingly I wasn't scared. I knew that I would be okay so I just took off running. It all came so natural to me, and maybe that's because it was my dream for years. I come from an entrepreneurial family so it must be in my blood because my parents and brother all have their own businesses. It has been a joyous surprise at every turn. I had no idea I would get here, to this amazingly exciting place.

I started off as a traditional hair stylist, then one day I said, "Oh I'm going to start doing extensions". The next month I said, "I going to start styling my brides", followed by, "I'm going to start styling the bridesmaids too".

Then I met my assistant Christina, through a mutual friend and everything changed. I thought my business was going in one direction, but as my assistant Christina took me to another level, we did a 180.  We started doing videos, blog posts, going to bridal shows, asking clients for referrals, focusing on social media, and sooo much more. I became organized and was able to bring on a team of freelancers to help me out with the overflow of clients.

I know what I want out of my business at this point. I know where I want it to go and what I want to take on. I’m ready for an extension line, training courses, one dedicated space for Glamhairus, a bigger team of freelancers and professionals, etc.

It's a really big decision, but I feels it's time. I'm a risk taker and you have to spend money to make money right?! I know they're clichés but they're true. So I decided the next chapter of my business will be to hire a publicist. They are the ones who will help take my business to the next level and help me to achieve my larger than life dreams. I have done so much already, but there is so much more that I can’t wait to take on and share with each of you.

I don’t know what the next 3 years will bring, but I’m sure about one thing… it’s going to be epic!


-Gina <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment